Saturday, September 02, 2006

Now Listening to...

...audio lectures from another Gerald Schneider course, "Animal Behavior," on MIT OpenCourseWare.

I'm really enjoying taking courses on my own schedule. I just fit an entire course (Neuroscience and Behavior) into two weeks. (Actually I only listened to 16 out of the 30 audio lectures available, but they covered the topics I cared about.) It's great because I usually get bored with normal courses by the end of the semester. I have a pretty good feel for when I'm in a learning mood, and it usually doesn't coincide with scheduled lecture times. Now I can just keep my iPod with me all the time and listen to a chunk of a lecture while I'm riding the bus, exercising, or waiting for software to compile. I don't think I could go back to the old way. I'm done with old school school.

No comments: