Thursday, March 22, 2007

QuickProf 0.9.0 Released

Just a quick note to say that I just released version 0.9.0 of QuickProf, a very small (one header file) cpu profiling API for C++ applications on all platforms. It's easy to add it to your projects, and the timing measurements it provides are very useful for optimizing performance. For example, it can give you an overall timing summary when your app finishes, or it can generate an output file for graphing your app's runtime performance.

For example, I use QuickProf to profile the major components of my context representation code (inference, propagation, and adaptation). I have it print out an overall summary at the end, which usually gives me something like this:

adaptation: 23.2914 %
inference: 11.5562 %
propagation: 0.200819 %

...and I have it output a timing data file, which I then plot with the Python library Matplotlib:

No comments: