Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Update on Verve Development

For a while my posts have been focused on things other than the Verve project itself. One reason is that I enjoy posting about random interesting ideas that pop into my head. The other reason is that I've been thinking of starting a new software development effort. It would have the same general goals as Verve, but it would use much more advanced methods. For instance, I have been doing a lot of research into the general topic of context representation. I have prototyped a few subcomponents and have drawn lots of plans. Rather than ripping out the existing context representation in Verve (i.e. its dynamically-growing radial basis function system) and reworking all the components that connect to it, I'll probably just leave it how it is and continue building this new system.

Things are going very well overall. I'm having a blast. I think it's important to have a blast when you're doing research. It's good for morale. And if your morale is suffering, you're not going to do good research.

I'll post more details as things progress.

No comments: